The University admits students in August and February in the course of each Academic year, which runs from August to June.
Students have the option of enrolling for Day, Evening or Weekend Programmes. Alternatively, one may prefer to study under the Distance Learning programme. Day courses are conducted from 7.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Evening courses are held from 5.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Weekend courses are conducted on Saturday and Sunday from 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. Distance Learning, just like the Weekend programme, is tailored for the convenience of employed students who have to keep at their jobs. These study arrangements provide sufficient flexibility to meet student needs.
Fees and administrative costs at Nkumba University are competitive compared to other institutions or Universities offering related courses or programmes.
Minimum entry requirements
For degree programmes, applicants should have either:
- UCE (at least 5 passes) and UACE (at least 2 principal passes); or,
- A Diploma qualification from a recognized institution of Higher Learning; or,
- A pass in Mature Age Examinations.
For Diploma programmes, the applicant should have either:
- UCE (at least 5 passes) and UACE (at least 1 principal pass) plus 2 subsidiary passes; or,
- The equivalent of the above.
Please note that for a number of the academic programmes in the various Schools, the University also offers certificate qualifications where the minimum entry requirements are:
- UCE (at least 5 passes) and UACE (at least 3 subsidiary passes).
For postgraduate programmes, the applicant should have:
- A good first degree from a recognized institution of Higher Learning.
For the August Intake of any academic year, interested persons are encouraged to apply not later than mid June.
Inquiries and applications for admission should be directed to:
The Academic Registrar
Tel: 256 (414) 374994/302283.
Fax: 256 (414) 374288/4321448.