International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS)
Volume 5 Issue 4, April 2018

 

Ali Danladi Abdulkadir
PhD Student, Nkumba University

Prof. Faustino L. Orach-Meza
School of Sciences Nkumba University

Dr Charles Edaku
School of Social Sciences Nkumba University Uganda

 

Abstract

Abstract: The study examined the relationship between agricultural support and food security in Kano State, Nigeria. Data was collected from a sample of 378 respondents through questionnaires, interview and focus group discussions. Using correlation and multiple regression analysis, the study established that inputs and services were positive correlates of food security (p < 0.05). At preliminary level there was a relationship between inputs and food security (r = 0.216, p< 0.05) and between services and food security (r = 0.441, p< 0.05). However, services had a more positive significant relationship than inputs. At the confirmatory level, the two support services method explained 24.5% of the variation in food security (adjusted R2 = 0.245) while the remaining 75.5% of the variation was accounted for by other factors not considered in this paper. The regression model was also significant (F = 57.171, p< 0.05), which also suggested that there is relationship between inputs and food security (β = 0.244, p = 0.000) and between services and food security (β = 0.445, p = 0.000). However, the magnitude of the respective betas suggested that services were the most significant predictor of food security followed by inputs respectively.
Keyword: Agricultural Support, agricultural Inputs, Agricultural Services, Food Security, Smallholder Farmer.

Click here to download full article