Representatives of the university governance stand together after the 23rd graduation ceremony. L-R: Mr. Eddie Lule Kamya ( Member, Foundation Body ), Mr. Ben Kamya-Kintu (Assistant Secretary, BOT), Mr. Ssonko Jackson (President - Nkumba University Alumni Association), Prof. Andrew P. Yiga (Academic Registrar), Ms. Eva Jjagwe Ssewaguda (Vice Chairperson - University Council), Prof. Jude T. Lubega (Ag. Vice Chancellor), Mr. Emmanuel Katongole (Chancellor), Mr. Mohammed Kalyango (Chairperson, BOT), Ms. Molly Nabaasa (Mace Carrier).
Dr. Charles Edaku
Who We Are
Dr. Charles Edaku is a lecturer, an administrator, researcher and development consultant. He is the founding Director; Nkumba University – Kampala Campus [2015 to date]. Dr. Edaku is a team leader with excellent performance management, multi-tasking and team building skills. His competences are also in designing and implementing collaborative learning. Edaku has impeccable abilities and skills in Higher Education Management in which he has offered training [capacity] building for HEIs. He has vast experience in research [basic and applied research]
The school comprises of three departments and One Institute; namely:
- Department of Hospitality
- Department of Natural Resources Management
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Institute of Nursing and Midwifery
Quick course Search
Browse through the courses offered
Studying at Nkumba University
“I have had lovely experiences here. I’ve made great friends. met helpful lecturers from Nkumba University and have started to appreciate Ugandan culture. I encourage everyone out there to come study here at Nkumba University.”
Bachelor of Business Administration | 3rd Year
More Information about the Schools
The school that began with two programmes in Hotel and Tourism Operations, has progressively grown. It now boosts of accommodating three departments and one Institute. The departments include Hospitality, Natural Resources and Applied Sciences.
Institute of Nursing and Midwifery was established in the year 2018, and it is currently housed in SCOS. Such development has been possible due to the presence of a big and expansive space in the SCOS building.
The School has highly qualified and motivated staff both teaching and non-teaching. The school has a total of 49 Academic Staff. The school which started with ten (10) students, numbers have progressively increased to over five hundred (500) students distributed in all programmes at SCOS. The school has for the past 25 years passed 1818 graduates.
- Philosophy of SCOS
- To Provide Students with a Learning and Recreational Environment that Enables Inculcation of Confidence, Competence, Creativity and Character, all of which are essential for an individuals’ success and self-fulfillment in the society.
- To Impart Scientific Knowledge to Students and also get involved in Research activities and Publications to enhance the image of Nkumba University as a Centre of Academic and Professional Excellence at Regional and Global spheres.
- To offer relevant Knowledge and Skills in Scientific Fields for Sustainable Development.