Dr. Charles Edaku
Who We Are
Nkumba University – Kampala campus here after referred to as NUK was opened in September, 2015 after accreditation by NCHE. NUK welcomes you to the centre of academic excellence. We boast of competent staff and quality services we offer to our clients – the students. NUK is an institution you join to pursue your studies and be certain that you will finish and never remain the same. We nurture and build students’ competences as we prepare them for world of work.
NUK runs well selected and highly rated academic programmes in the field of Social Sciences, Business and Education. We have three  competitive study sessions namely: Day, Weekend and Evening. Our main admissions are in January, August and May.
We are located in the heart of Kampala City – the Capital of Uganda, along Kabaka Anjagala road in Mengo.
The school comprises of three departments and One Institute; namely:
- Department of Hospitality
- Department of Natural Resources Management
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Institute of Nursing and Midwifery
Quick course Search
Browse through the courses offered
Studying at Nkumba University
“I have had lovely experiences here. I’ve made great friends. met helpful lecturers from Nkumba University and have started to appreciate Ugandan culture. I encourage everyone out there to come study here at Nkumba University.”
Bachelor of Business Administration | 3rd Year
More Information about the Schools
The school that began with two programmes in Hotel and Tourism Operations, has progressively grown. It now boosts of accommodating three departments and one Institute. The departments include Hospitality, Natural Resources and Applied Sciences.
Institute of Nursing and Midwifery was established in the year 2018, and it is currently housed in SCOS. Such development has been possible due to the presence of a big and expansive space in the SCOS building.
The School has highly qualified and motivated staff both teaching and non-teaching. The school has a total of 49 Academic Staff. The school which started with ten (10) students, numbers have progressively increased to over five hundred (500) students distributed in all programmes at SCOS. The school has for the past 25 years passed 1818 graduates.
- Philosophy of SCOS
- To Provide Students with a Learning and Recreational Environment that Enables Inculcation of Confidence, Competence, Creativity and Character, all of which are essential for an individuals’ success and self-fulfillment in the society.
- To Impart Scientific Knowledge to Students and also get involved in Research activities and Publications to enhance the image of Nkumba University as a Centre of Academic and Professional Excellence at Regional and Global spheres.
- To offer relevant Knowledge and Skills in Scientific Fields for Sustainable Development.
Recent News & Events
The Nkumba University Volley ball Open took place on 18th and the 19th of June 2022.It hosted serval Universities ,secondary schools ,Primary Schools, and... read more