NKUMBA UNIVERSITY WOMEN’S DIALOGUEHakim Mulinde
Nkumba University is organizing a woman’s dialogue on the 19th November 2021 under the theme “Generation Equality; Realizing Woman’s Rights for An Equal Future.” It will be the first webinar on gender equality, and well-being of girls and women in the 21st century hosted by the university.
Women have remained largely discriminated and often denied their rights. Due to social, cultural, religious norms and stereotypes, women remain overburdened with work; have less time and mobility; have less access to and control over productive resources and therefore less access to and control over the benefits of productive activity (household and personal); have less access to education and training and hence fewer economic options; women have less experience, self-confidence and credibility in public-sphere activity and lack political power. All these inhibit their participation in governance processes and therefore can’t benefit equitably with men.
This dialogue is, therefore, meant to serve as a catalyst for advocates working to achieve a more gender-equal world. Representatives from both within and outside the university are expected to give talks on selected areas of concern:
- Education and training
- Women and the economy
- Women in power and decision-making
- Human rights of women
- The girl-child
The speakers of the day shall be
- Nawiso Wenepaida, a student at Nkumba University | Speaker, South Sudanese Young Women Forum – Uganda.
- Awate Vastine Hakim, Makerere University Student | Chair, South Sudanese Young Women Forum in Uganda.
- Kibuuka Diana, Senior Journalist – CBS | Deputy Technical Attaché – South Sudanese Embassy in Uganda.
- Atong Mary, Guild Vice President, Moderator of the Dialogue.
|Time||10am to 2pm|
|Date||19th November, 2021|
|Venue||Upper Library Level IV|
RSVP/ Contact person
- Atong 0773 194 440 | email@example.com
- Collins Nuwagaba – 0753 099 733 | firstname.lastname@example.org