This programme is designed to prepare professionals to become knowledgeable, skilled and competent Arts teachers in the various fields at the level of Secondary Education. The programme content comprises core professional course units as well as two electives according to the intended area of specialisation. The programme structure is as shown below.
Course Duration: 3 YearsApply Now
Here are some career path options for graduates:
- Secondary School Teacher: Secondary school teachers work with students in grades 7 through 12, teaching a specific subject such as English, history, geography, social studies, music, or art. They develop lesson plans, teach classes, grade assignments, and assess student progress.
- Curriculum Developer: Curriculum developers create educational materials and assessments for teachers and students. They work with teachers, education experts, and administrators to develop and implement effective teaching strategies and curriculum standards.
- Educational Consultant: Educational consultants work with schools, districts, and other educational organizations to provide guidance and support in areas such as curriculum development, teacher training, and program evaluation. They may also provide professional development workshops and seminars for teachers and administrators.
- Arts Educator: Arts educators work with museums, galleries, and other educational organizations to design and implement arts education programs for students and the general public. They may also conduct research on arts education methods and techniques.
- Education Administrator: Education administrators work in schools, districts, or other educational organizations to manage day-to-day operations, oversee budgets, and make decisions related to hiring, curriculum development, and student discipline.
- Educational Technology Specialist: Educational technology specialists help teachers and students integrate technology into the classroom. They may provide training and support for educational software and hardware, develop online learning materials, and evaluate the effectiveness of technology-based teaching methods.
These are just a few of the many career paths that individuals with a Bachelor of Arts with Education (Secondary) can pursue. Graduates can also consider pursuing further education, such as a Master’s degree, to advance their careers and specialize in a particular area of education or teaching.
Direct Entry Scheme
At least 5 passes at Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent;
At least 2 principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
- Hold a Credit or Second-Class Diploma in the relevant field from a recognized institution as determined by the University Senate.
- At least a Pass (50%) in Mature Entry Examinations.
- A certificate obtained after 2 years of post UCE study;
- Any equivalent qualifications besides UCE and UACE.
Mature age Entry
- The applicant should be 25 years of age and above;
- Must have passed mature age entry examinations organized by the National Council for Higher Education.
No Course Modules added yet.