Dr. Anne Abaho
- Position: Dean of Social Sciences
- + 256774583589/+256700933689
Dr. Abaho holds a PhD in Security Studies from Nkumba University, a Maters in Pan African Studies from Syracuse University, New York and a Bachelors in International Relations (Major) and Journalism (Minor) from United States International University – Nairobi. Dr. Abaho’s research interests are in International and security issues. Her teaching subjects include; Gender in International Relations, Foreign Policy Analysis, Security Issues in Great Lakes Region, Inter-Governmental Organizations in Security, Globalization and World Order and Introduction to International Relations. She has supervised students at both under-graduate and graduate levels. Dr. Abaho is an active member of the community and served on the Board of World Voices Uganda from 2013-2018. Dr. Abaho was part of Nkumba University research team that studied; The Effectiveness of the HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care Service Provision in Fishing Communities in Uganda: A Case Study of Landing sites in Entebbe Sub-region; Wakiso District. Dr. Abaho’s PhD thesis was on; Post Conflict Recovery Efforts and Enhancement of Human Security in Northern Uganda: A Case of Peace, Recovery and Development Program (PRDP), Gulu District. Her recent publications
- International Relations,
- Foreign Policy Analysis,
- International Development,
- Politics of Globalization,
- Security Studies,
- Gender in International Politics
- Human Rights among others
- Human Needs Satisfaction and Conflict Prevention in Africa (PDF Available) Open Journal of Social Sciences 08(01) January 2020.
- Conflict Threats to Human Security: The Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) Case, Gulu District, Northern Uganda (PDF Available) in Open Journal of Social Sciences, 07(12): 64-85. December, 2019.
- The LRA and Its Costs on Economic Security in Gulu District, Northern Uganda (PDF available) in Open Journal of Social Sciences 07(11): 133-146. November 2019
- Post Conflict Recovery Efforts and Enhancement of Human Security in Northern Uganda: A Case of Peace, Recovery and Development Program (PRDP), Gulu District (PhD Thesis)
A Case Study of Landing sites in Entebbe Sub-region; Wakiso District. Dr. Abaho’s PhD thesis was on; Post Conflict Recovery Efforts and Enhancement of Human Security in Northern Uganda
A Case of Peace, Recovery and Development Program (PRDP), Gulu District. Her recent publications
- Dessertations Supervised
- Mr. Kassirabo Elias (Graduatated 2016)Topic: The Contribution of Foundation for Human Rights Initiative to Public Security Sector Performance in Uganda: A Case of Kampala District.
- Mr. Joseph Were Rodgers (Graduated 2016) Topic: Effects of Drug Trafficking on National Security in Uganda
- Mr. Matenge Sylvester (Graduated 2016); Topic: Assessing the Contribution of Community Policing in Improving the Police-Civilian Relationship in Uganda: A Case of Kampala District
- Mr. Yusuf Hassan Mohamed (Graduated 2017)
Topic: Contributions of Regional Organizations Towards Peace Building in Somalia: A Case of IGAD
- Mr. Kamugira McDans (Graduated 2019); Topic: Youth Unemployment and National Insecurity in Uganda: A Case of Socio-economic Insecurity in Namuwongo Zone, Makindye
- Ms. Katotera Vicky Nabasa (Graduated 2019)
- Topic: Effects of Ethnic Conflicts on Uganda’s National Security: The Case of Bakonzo & Basongola in Kasese District
- Mr Benon Karaiga (Graduated 2019)
Topic: The Role of Community Policing in Enhancing Personal Security in Uganda: A Case Study of Entebbe Municipality
Master’s Dessertation Internal Assessment
- Mr. Abdi Aziz Mohamed Harir (2016) Topic: Implications of Al-Shabaab Terrorism Activities to the The Socio-Economic Security of Somalia: A Case Study of Hamar-Jajab District, Mogadishu
- Ms. Namirimo Josephine (2017)Topic: The impact of palm oil growing on the socio-economic welfare of the people of Kalangala District; a case study of Mugoye sub-country, Kalangala district
- Mr. Nyene Juma HassanTopic: The Influence of Sports Betting on Crime in Soroti Munincipality, Uganda
- Ms. Nakaweesi Jane (2018)Topic: Effects of Human Resource Management Practices on Organizational Performance: A Case of selecte NGOs is clear and well stated.
- Ms. Nakirayi Grace (2019)Topic: Refugee Influx and Uganda’s National Security
Conferences and workshops attended
- The Teacher-Educator’s Program, Nkumba University; July 25th-27th 2012
- The MGD Capacity Building Project: Training of Trainers Workshop, UMI, 19TH -20TH Oct 2010.
- New York Africa Studies Association (NYASA) Annual Conference, SUNY Plattsburgh, 14th April 2007
Paper: “Intellectual Property Rights and Pan-Africanism in the 21st Century”.
- African American Studies Department, Syracuse University
Topic: “Trafficking and modern day slavery: Child Soldiers in Uganda” (Presented at the 200th celebration of the end of Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade).