Position: Dean of Business Administration
- Development finance,
- Community development and Innovation Studies
Byamukama, J. 2020. Effects of Geographical Concentration of Tourism Enterprises on Innovation and Growth in the Northern Cape. Work in progress.
Validation of Experience economy perspectives on tourism businesses in Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa. Work in Progress.
Gumede, N,. Byamukama, J & Dakora, E. 2019.Contemporary perspectives on fiscal decentralization and New local government in South Africa. Ghana Journal of Development Studies, Vol 16(2). DOI: 10.4314/gjds.v16i2.3
Byamukama, J & Muchie, M. 2017. South African Entrepreneurial Activities in Tourism Sector: A Case of SMMEs in Tshwane Municipality. Paper presented at the 10th International Conference for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional Development, 31st August – 1st September, Thessaloniki, Greece.
The Education Commission, 2016. Forming the Optimal Skills Pledge and Levy. A Global Perspective and Policy Recommendations. Background Paper The learning Generation, Economic and Strategy Consulting.
Byamukama, J. B. (2014). Analysing socio-economic factors affecting African entrepreneurial activities in the tourism sector: A case of Tshwane Municipality, South Africa. European Social Sciences Research Journal, 3(2), 1-17.
The viability of African Entrepreneurial activities in the Tourism sector: A case of Tshwane Municipality, Gauteng Province. No 2015-003. Written by Byamukama John Berchmans, Mammo Muchie and Worku Zeleke
OTHER ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL AWARDS AND WORKSHOPS
- Serving member of the Sol Plaatje University Senate committee 2017 – 2020
- Member of the Sol Plaatje University examination committee for Senate.
- Senate nominee to the Sol Plaatje University student services council.
- Serving as Residence Warden, Sol Plaatje University.
- Attained distinction doctoral supervision course with Rhodes University January 2020.
- Professional Registration as Master of HR Professional with the South African Board for People
- Registered assessor and Moderator with SABPP for the National Diploma in Human Resource
- Registered assessor and moderator with Public Service SETA for National Diploma in Public
- Presenter at the International Conference for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Regional
Development, 31 Aug – 1st Sept 2017.
- Attended the Sixth African Unity Renaissance conference, 2016, Johannesburg.
- Attended Conference on Regional Integration organized the Thabo Mbeki Leadership Institute,