Position: Senior Lecturer
- Profession: Conservation Scientist, Senior Lecturer (Nkumba Univ.) & Research Fellow (SU, AWEI) Digital profile:
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=Edi1g2gAAAAJ
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Taddeo_Rusoke
Nature Based Solutions I Wildlife Economies I Biodiversity Conservation Science I Climate Change I Livelihoods Improvement I Tourism and Protected Areas I E-learning & Teaching I Conservation Education I Livelihood Projects and Programmes I Applied Ecology I Scientific Research I
- Ugandan Conservation Scientist, Research Fellow at the African Wildlife Economy Institute, Stellenbosch University South Africa, and Senior Lecturer of Natural Resource Planning and Management with 14 years of demonstrated experience in managing research teams; delivering lectures in conservation science at the university level, designing, reviewing and implementing Integrated Conservation Development Projects (ICDPJs) and Inclusive Sustainable Conservation Models (ISCM) in Uganda.
- Provides advisory services through online surveys to International Union for Conservation of Nature and natural resources (IUCN) on effective communication, education and ecosystem management, mentored 200+ University graduates on natural resource management, and trained writers from StoryMoja Africa on how to integrate conservation species science into storybooks and build the capacity of employees at Africa One Consult Limited on best principle and practices in research and community development. Delivers on-site, online and off-site conservation education sessions and lectures on natural resources planning and management at the university level and to the wider public through print and non-print media. Have evaluated Uganda Wildlife Authority projects and programmes on conservation and community development aimed at strategic recommendations to enhance the livelihoods of communities bordering protected areas in Uganda.
- Developed technical papers for Uganda Wildlife Authority and Bella Smiles, Washington USA, peer-reviewed journal articles for Nkumba University in Uganda and, drafted the Tobacco Control Act 2015 for Uganda.
- Formerly as Research Fellow at Sefako Makgatho University (SMU), South Africa, I worked on a ten-African countries project – Building Effective Tobacco Control Advocates (BETA), where I developed research articles, policy brief and tobacco industry monitoring tools from an evidence-based research fellowship.
- Drafts strategic plans for institutions of higher learning and reviewed Nkumba University Charter.
- Managed a multi-cultural team of 15 researchers and research assistants from the Uganda Wildlife Authority to conduct biodiversity research surveys on wildlife damage management around national parks in Uganda.
- Have authored about 65 research items on conservation, public health, wildlife, forestry and tourism which can be accessed on: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Taddeo_Rusoke