He is an Assistant Lecturer, International Relations and Diplomacy at Nkumba University.
He holds a Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy (Nkumba University), Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy (Nkumba University). and a Diploma in Law (Law Development Centre).
He also has a Diploma in Law (Law Development Centre) Katumba has also undergone several trainings in Research Methods.
He has about five journal articles yet to submitted then eventually publication. He also has one academia entry, which has been accepted and awaiting publication.
Before joining Nkumba University in 2018, he worked as part-time lecturer at Victoria University-Kampala.
- Diplomatic Practice:
- African Diplomacy
- Diplomatic communication
- Diplomacy in international relations
- Diplomatic law
- Political and international relations theory:
- Conflict and security:
- Crises and flashpoints
- Multilateral cooperation
- Coercive diplomacy
- Critical security studies
- Non-state armed groups
- Proliferation and disarmament
- Strategic thought
Research Supervision: Undergraduate level
- Supervised a study on the effect of terror activities on import and export trade performance in Kenya: A case study of Nairobi business district, Nairobi Kenya. (Nantongo Mavis)
- Supervised a study on Effects of refugees on local community activities: A case study of Nakivale refugee settlement camp in Isingiro district, south western Uganda. (Kuteesa Hilda)
- Supervised a study on Corporate social responsibility and diversity initiatives of multi-national companies: a case study of Pepsi cola Uganda. (Gitta Alex)
- Supervised a study on the effects of refugees on local community activities, a case study of Kiryandongo refugee settlement camp in Bweyale-Kiryandongo District. (Nyaluak James Tiong)
- Supervised a study on the role of politicised ethnicity on conflict in Africa: A case study of South Sudan (2013-2018). (Marial Mathok)
- Supervised a study on the contribution of INGOs towards poverty reduction in Uganda. A case study compassion International. (Niwaninda Davis)
- On 20th December 2019, attended the National Launch of the Global Human Development Report 2019 held at Golf Course Hotel, Kampala.
- On 10th-11th October 2019, attended a Training of Trainers workshop on Climate Change organized by Uganda Media Challenge Initiative in collaboration with NECJOGHA and UNESCO at Kati Kati restaurant, Lugogo.
- On 20th April 2018, attended a workshop on Curriculum Review organized by Victoria University in conjunction with National Council for Higher Education.
- On 17th November 2016, I attended a workshop on Human Rights-Based Approach organized by the Uganda Human Rights Commission in conjunction with the Parliamentary Committee on Human Rights held at Imperial Golf View Hotel, Entebbe-Uganda.
- On 12th-23rd March 2013, I attended the Career and Destiny JAMBOREE organized by BridgeHead24 in conjunction with NSSF held at Nkumba University, Entebbe-Uganda.
- On 12th November 2012, I participated in a Public Dialogue on the Uganda that the Students want organized by the Center for Constitutional Governance in conjunction with Action Aid held at Nkumba University, Entebbe-Uganda.
- On 14th October 2011, I attended the Human Rights training on Good Governance and Accountability organized by Nkumba University (Human Rights Association) in conjunction with the Foundation for Human Rights Initiative held at Nkumba University, Entebbe-Uganda.
- OTHER SKILLS
Committed & hardworking; Pays attention to detail; Capability to work under pressure with or without supervision; Ability to meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality; Fast and adaptive learning; Team-player.
Computer skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, MS PowerPoint), Internet, Email among others.
Languages: English [Advanced proficiency], Luganda (native) [Advanced proficiency], French [Elementary proficiency]