Mugumya Joash Kyarire
- Position: Lecturer
Mugumya Joash Kyarire
Birth place : Bushenyi District
Nationality : Ugandan
Date of birth : 1958
- Fisheries Resource use by local communities around various lakes and the problems involved in the fishing environment.
- Natural resources use around protected areas like forests and national parks and problems involved like HWC (human wildlife conflicts, HH (Human and Human conflicts) involving farmers and pastoralists plus development initiatives in the area.
- The use of intensive technologies around protected areas and in rural areas in general.
- Community and rural development programmes/projects
- Rural and urban sociology
- Lead researcher on Nkumba University Project called (The effect of fish export promotion on Lake Victoria fishing communities). School of social sciences (published) Team mates, Professor Orach-Meza and Noah Ssendawula
Grant projects so far engaged in
- Fish value chain from Uganda lakes to European Union by Nkumba University and a German University.
- Professor Orachi-Meza
- Mugumya Joash
- PhD Project co-sponsored by University and Mugumya now under print.
Topic: Rethinking the techno-centric theory using Natural and social sciences for sustainable co-existence in the National parks of Uganda). The project was carried out around four national parks:
Bwindi National park
Mgahinga National Park
Mt. Elgon National park
Supervisors: Prof. Orachi-Meza and Prof. Mimph Musoke-school of sciences
So far about over 300 undergraduate students have been supervised and over 50 Masters students have been supervised by the Lecturer.
Schools and colleges attended
Kyeizooba Primary school 1961-1967
Ntare school-O’level 1968-1971
Kitunga High School-A’level 1982-1983
Fisheries Training Institute Uganda (Diploma) 1974-77/82
Makerere University Degree BA Sociology 1983-1986
Uganda Martyrs University MA Development Studies 1997-1998
Nkumba University PhD candidate under print (2020)
Work experience in the school
2001 October entered Nkumba University as a lecturer in social sciences faculty and as an administrative assistant.
2012-2019 Head of department development studies
2019 -2020 lecturer.