Position: Vice Chancellor
Professor Wilson Muyinda Mande is a Ugandan academic. He is the Vice Chancellor of Nkumba University since 2017. He is also Professor of Business Administration.
He received his PhD in Leadership and Ethics from the University of Aberdeen in the UK. He holds an STM from Union in New York (USA); an MA from Virginia (USA); a BD from ATIEA; a Diploma from Makerere; and Advanced Certificate in Educational Management from Leicester (UK).
As vice chancellor his roles include the following:
- Act as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the University
- Preside over academic ceremonies in absence of the Chancellor
- Supervise departmental heads
- Carry out financial planning of the University each year
- Liaise with other institutions nationally and internationally
- Perform public relations role for the University
- Chair the top academic organs (e.g. Senate) of the University
- Oversee the implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan
Experience in Higher Education administration and management
He was Deputy Vice Chancellor from 2014 to 2016. From 2009 to 2013 he was Academic Registrar. Prior to that he was Head of Department in the School of Business Administration, that is from 1999 to 2008.
Professor Mande has undertaken consultancies in areas of education; management, monitoring and evaluation; training; human Resources and policy development for many local and international organisations.
He has held editorial roles several journals and has served as a reviewer for journals published both locally and internationally. He has numerous publications